Saturday, May 14, 2011

Olomana

One of our favorite things to do on this island is hike. Hawaii is breathtakingly beautiful at every angle but from the top of a mountain you get THE BEST views! We hiked to the top of the third peak on this 6 mile hike on windward Oahu. It was difficult to say the least, we scaled near vertical cliffs with the use of a handy rope system and crawled across 2 ft wide sections of the ridge. It is to date the hardest hike I have ever done but it felt so good, I was so focused on making the correct steps and holding on that my mind was completely clear and thinking only of climbing. There were times when I had to wait for others to finish on ropes and I would sit on the rock looking out over the east shore telling myself to breathe and not look down. The elevation gain is 1600 feet. Not the highest we've been but the hardest.


No comments:

Post a Comment